- In its order on Monday, the Supreme Court also directed that a forensic audit report be given to the Enforcement Directorate, Delhi Police and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India (ICAI) for taking appropriate action against Amrapali directors and auditors.
- It also directed the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to comply with its earlier order.
- The bench – comprising justices Arun Mishra and UU Lalit – also directed the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to set up a nodal cell for issuing completion certificates to homebuyers.
- Last week, the authorities told the top court that they had created a special cell to ease out the problems of Amrapali homebuyers.
- The court then directed them to start the registration of flats and grant completion certificates to thousands of harassed homebuyers.
- In a ruling on July 23, the court had cancelled the Amrapali group’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority licence and appointed NBCC to complete all its pending projects.
- That verdict brought a big relief for more than 42,000 homebuyers who had sought possession of flats booked in Amrapali group projects.
- Earlier, an audit report revealed that around Rs. 3,500 crore of homebuyers’ money was diverted by the Amrapali top brass.
- The bench posted the matter for further hearing on September 11.
- Following this development, NBCC share price surged 4.23 per cent to Rs. 33.30, outperforming the Sensex which was up 1.5 per cent.
- Dell Said to Use VMWare to Help Pay for EMC Deal
Dell Inc is planning to use equity in cloud software company VMware Inc to help pay for its acquisition of […]Samsung Galaxy On Max first impression: Effective low-light capabilities on a budget
Last week, Samsung launched its new mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy On Max, which is priced at Rs 16,900. While the design […]Apple, Nokia explore deeper partnership after ending patent dispute
Nokia will also supply network infrastructure products to Apple, and Apple will resume sales of Nokia’s digital health products in […]BlackBerry Priv Android Slider Smartphone Detailed by Company
BlackBerry ahead of the commencement of shipping of the Priv smartphone next week wants to make sure users are familiar […]