- In its order on Monday, the Supreme Court also directed that a forensic audit report be given to the Enforcement Directorate, Delhi Police and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India (ICAI) for taking appropriate action against Amrapali directors and auditors.
- It also directed the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to comply with its earlier order.
- The bench – comprising justices Arun Mishra and UU Lalit – also directed the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to set up a nodal cell for issuing completion certificates to homebuyers.
- Last week, the authorities told the top court that they had created a special cell to ease out the problems of Amrapali homebuyers.
- The court then directed them to start the registration of flats and grant completion certificates to thousands of harassed homebuyers.
- In a ruling on July 23, the court had cancelled the Amrapali group’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority licence and appointed NBCC to complete all its pending projects.
- That verdict brought a big relief for more than 42,000 homebuyers who had sought possession of flats booked in Amrapali group projects.
- Earlier, an audit report revealed that around Rs. 3,500 crore of homebuyers’ money was diverted by the Amrapali top brass.
- The bench posted the matter for further hearing on September 11.
- Following this development, NBCC share price surged 4.23 per cent to Rs. 33.30, outperforming the Sensex which was up 1.5 per cent.
- iPhone 8 Design Leaked, Nokia 9 Specifications Revealed, Xiaomi India Mi Home Sales, and More: Your 360 Daily
HIGHLIGHTS iPhone 8, iPhone 7s Plus, iPhone 7s design leaked Nokia 9 flagship phone’s specifications, design revealed Xiaomi India […]Mobile Internet Services Restored in Kargil After 145 Days; No Such Relief for Jammu and Kashmir
Mobile Internet services were suspended in Kargil alongside many areas of Jammu and Kashmir on August 4 Highlights Broadband services […]BlackBerry Priv Android Slider Smartphone Detailed by Company
BlackBerry ahead of the commencement of shipping of the Priv smartphone next week wants to make sure users are familiar […]Vodafone WiFi Calling Coming To Galaxy S6 Smartphones
UK mobile carrier Vodafone has announced that their WiFi Calling is headed to Samsung’s Galaxy S6 smartphones. The Vodafone WiFi […]