- In its order on Monday, the Supreme Court also directed that a forensic audit report be given to the Enforcement Directorate, Delhi Police and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in India (ICAI) for taking appropriate action against Amrapali directors and auditors.
- It also directed the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to comply with its earlier order.
- The bench – comprising justices Arun Mishra and UU Lalit – also directed the Noida and Greater Noida authorities to set up a nodal cell for issuing completion certificates to homebuyers.
- Last week, the authorities told the top court that they had created a special cell to ease out the problems of Amrapali homebuyers.
- The court then directed them to start the registration of flats and grant completion certificates to thousands of harassed homebuyers.
- In a ruling on July 23, the court had cancelled the Amrapali group’s Real Estate Regulatory Authority licence and appointed NBCC to complete all its pending projects.
- That verdict brought a big relief for more than 42,000 homebuyers who had sought possession of flats booked in Amrapali group projects.
- Earlier, an audit report revealed that around Rs. 3,500 crore of homebuyers’ money was diverted by the Amrapali top brass.
- The bench posted the matter for further hearing on September 11.
- Following this development, NBCC share price surged 4.23 per cent to Rs. 33.30, outperforming the Sensex which was up 1.5 per cent.
- Virtual Reality Seeks Momentum at CES Gadget Gala
HIGHLIGHTS Virtual Reality was the centre of focus at last year’s CES CES 2017 saw a revival of VR […]India’s Telecom Subscriber Base Crossed 1.01-Billion Mark in August
Driven by growth in mobile phone users, Indian telecom subscribers crossed 1.01 billion mark in August, as per regulator Trai […]Moto M2 rumored to arrive by October in more markets than the original M
Motorola is working on a successor to the Moto M from last year, a new rumor claims. According to a leakster […]Apple’s iPhone 8 Might Have a Fingerprint Reader Problem
Apple has been rumored for months to be working on a new, virtual version of its iPhone fingerprint sensor. But now […]