The first episode will be free to download from 5pm BST today, or if you’re in other European countries 6pm CEST.
If you choose to buy the full game your save data and everything you earn during your Hitman playthrough will carry over.
You can also get 60 per cent off the price of the full Hitman game this week on all platforms.
The offer comes after IO Interactive on Friday secured an agreement with Square Enix to become an independent studio.
“As of today, we have complete control over the direction for our studio and the Hitman IP – we’re about to forge our own future and it’s incredibly exciting.
“We are now open to opportunities with future collaborators and partners to help strengthen us as a studio and ensure that we can produce the best games possible for our community.”
The latest version of the Hitman franchise initially received backlash from fans after taking a new, episodic release structure. The full season was later released as one standalone title.
However, the game has since received a warm reception from critics and fans, with a strong 84 per cent rating on Metacritic based on 40 different reviews.
• The download includes everything released for that location
• Two story missions (including all cut-scenes)
• Two Escalation Contracts
• More than 40 challenges
• 17 achievements and trophies
• Plus thousands of player-created missions in Contracts Mode
• Players who download the ICA Facility for free will be able to keep all of their progress when they upgrade to the full game